30 MIN EXPRESS REFRESHER
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(plus online theory)
ONLY $60 (Normally $75)
CPR Course Locations - (mobile phones enable auto-rotate)
NEW NATIONAL COURSE CODE: HLTAID009 now replaces HLTAID001
Our 30 min streamlined CPR EXPRESS REFRESHER course, saves you time and has assessment only practical activities!
Reduced class sizes – Only 10 people per class – Online course – with just a 30 min practical class to attend
NB. THIS IS AN ASSESSMENT ONLY COURSE. IF YOU HAVEN’T COMPLETED A FIRST AID COURSE IN THE LAST 3 YEARS OR COMPLETE THESE COURSES REGULARLY WE RECOMMEND YOU BOOK INTO TO OUR REGULAR COURSE. IT WILL BE DIFFICULT TO COMPLETE THESE ASSESSMENTS WITHOUT PRIOR LEARNING.
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a Unit of Competency that provides the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.This CPR update course is the most recent version of what is often referred to as the CPR Update or CPR Refresher. This Unit replaces the previous course codes HLTCPR201A, HLTCPR201B, HLTCPR211A and most recently HLTAID001.
If you haven’t trained before and do not hold current qualifications you should book into our Regular 1.5hr CPR course. The Full Length 2.5hr course is also available for those who choose not to complete pre-course online theory.
See our client feedback, check out our testimonials page.
Price Beat Guarantee – find a better price and we’ll beat it by 10% – see T&Cs
- Discount courses from $60 (RRP $75)
- Allow 45 mins to complete this course (plus 1-2hrs for online theory completion)
- Phone bookings incur an additional surcharge fee of $20
- An A4 hard copy of your qualification can be posted to you after your class for an additional fee of $15
- A credit card size plastic card can be posted to after your class for an additional fee of $15
- For all special needs, policies and fees refer to the Student Handbook on our Learners Page
At CPR First Aid we believe in providing quality first aid courses at student prices for all. We keep our overheads low so we can offer affordable first aid courses to everyone. Because we have so many amazing learners we are able to offer courses at a smaller profit margin without compromising the quality of the training. After training over 70,000 courses last year we value and appreciate offering our service to the community.
For all course locations for this course, see our locations page.
- A digital Statement of Attainment in HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Your statement (certificate) will be emailed upon successful completion after 7pm the same day, or next business day if the class runs on a weekend
Learners should have completed first aid training in the past to be able to book into this REFRESHER course.
Participants are required to have a minimum level of Literacy & Numeracy to be allowed admittance to this course. Further information is provided in the student handbook on our Learners page.
Performance Evidence (Practical Session)
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
Knowledge Evidence (Online Theory & Practical Session)
The candidate must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
- 1hr practical class, plus 15 min pre-course registration. Allow 1hr
- Plus 1-3 hours of multiple choice on-line home study, completed prior to your class
- Theory must be completed 24hrs prior to attending your class
Online Theory Component – Prior to your Class:
- Theory must be completed at least 24hrs prior to attending your scheduled class. Failure to complete theory prior to attending the class will result in your booking being cancelled and all monies forfeited. Trainers will be provided with the class list detailing theory completion results the day prior to the class.
- Learners will gain immediate access to the theory portal upon completion of their booking and payment, refer to your confirmation email for the link (please check junk mail folders or contact us if not received).
Practical Assessment Component:
- In your practical component you be required to complete 1 theory test (multiple choice questions) plus practical exercises, you will be assessed by your trainer and have to be marked as competent to pass for your qualification.
- Practical assessment are completed in groups, pairs or individually (depending on the assessment) and may involve putting people in the recovery position, applying bandages and practicing CPR on manikins on the floor.
- To receive a ‘Competent’ mark for this course all participants must be assessed conducting CPR on the floor with adult, child and infant manikins.
Please refer to our Learners page for other important information including assessment information and our terms and conditions.
Anyone with a fever or history of fever and acute respiratory infection (with at least one of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough, runny nose or sore throat) should also defer enrolment until they are well.