50% off 16th Birthday Celebration
Enter code: CPRFA16
*promo applicable to public classes only
3.5hr* REGULAR HLTAID012
Provide first aid in an education and care setting
HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting (now replacing HLTAID004)
3.5hrs* Regular Course (plus online theory) Also known as Childcare First Aid
This first aid course is officially known as the Unit of Competency HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting. The unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children, and adults. The unit applies to childcare workers, educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
NSW Learners: This course is approved by ACECQA for the purposes of the Education and Care Services National Law as satisfying first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis management requirements for childcare workers. (Note: individual employers may have slightly different requirements. Please check with your employer before enrolling if there is any doubt).
VIC Learners: Regulations in Victoria require that those working with children still obtain additional qualifications for asthma and anaphylaxis on top of this qualification. We offer a combined asthma/anaphylaxis course which combined with this qualification will ensure you meet all regulatory requirements in Victoria.
We maintain a practical hands-on the approach so we ensure there is a ratio of 1 CPR manikin for every 2 learners (class sizes 24 and under), making us one of the best first aid course providers in the industry!
Why Choose CPR First Aid
Price beat guarantee
Price beat guarantee for a better price for public classes will beat it by 20%
Our training courses can be customised to meet the needs of your workplace and are designed to maximise learning efficiency. Employees who complete our programs will learn the skills necessary to respond effectively to an emergency.
Our trainers are dedicated to their jobs and always prepared to answer questions and help out with anything you need during your course. We promise that our training will be a positive experience, leaving you feeling motivated and ready to take on any situation.
We believe that first aid training should be affordable and accessible. That's why we offer the best first aid courses at lowest price Australia-wide guaranteed. And if you find an equivalent course cheaper? We'll beat it by 20%.
Same Day Certificate
You'll receive your certificate on the same day as your training. It's great training, and fully accredited, so you know it's recognised and accepted across Australia.
- Discount courses from $199 (RRP $220)
- An A4 hard copy of your qualification can be posted to you after your class for an additional fee of $15
- A credit card size plastic card can be posted to after your class for an additional fee of $15
- For all special needs, policies and fees refer to the Student Handbook on our Learners Page
For all course locations for this course, see our locations page.
Participants assessed as being competent in all assessments will receive:
- A digital A4 Statement of Attainment in HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting, HLTAID011 Provide first aid, HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support, and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Your statement (certificate) will be emailed upon successful completion after 7pm the same day, or next business day if the class runs on a weekend
Whilst there are no pre-requisites for enrolling in this course, there are pre-course requirements. All participants are required to complete pre-course theory prior to attending their class. Participants are also required to have a minimum level of Literacy & Numeracy to be allowed admittance to this course. Further information is provided in the student handbook.
Please refer to our Information Sheet link so see Course Content
- 3.5 hour practical class, plus 15mins pre-course registration.
- Plus 4-8 hours multiple choice on-line home study, completed prior to your class
- Theory must be completed 24hrs prior to attending your class
Online Theory Component – Prior to your Class:
- Theory must be completed at least 24hrs prior to attending your scheduled class. Failure to complete theory prior to attending the class will result in your booking being cancelled and all monies forfeited. Trainers will be provided with the class list detailing theory completion results the day prior to the class.
- Learners will gain immediate access to the theory portal upon completion of their booking and payment, refer to your confirmation email for the link (please check junk mail folders or contact us if not received).
Practical Assessment Component:
Skills must be demonstrated working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry validated scenarios and simulations to assess candidates’ skills and knowledge.
Assessment resources must include:
- adult and infant resuscitation manikins in line with ARC Guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures
- AED training device
- workplace injury, trauma and/or illness record, or other appropriate workplace incident report form
Simulated assessment environments must simulate the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Please refer to our Learners page for other important information including assessment information and our terms and conditions.
Anyone with a fever or history of fever and acute respiratory infection (with at least one of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough, runny nose or sore throat) should also defer enrolment until they are well.