1.5hr* Regular HLTAID009
Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(plus online theory)
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (now replaces HLTAID001)
1.5hrs* (plus online theory)
Also known as CPR Refresher
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a Unit of Competency that provides the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.This CPR update course is the most recent version of what is often referred to as the CPR Update or CPR Refresher. This Unit replaces the previous course codes HLTCPR201A, HLTCPR201B, HLTCPR211A and most recently HLTAID001.
For further information about the course format and requirements please refer to our Course Information Sheet.
This course includes defibrillation (AED) training, there is no longer a stand-alone defib course. So if you require AED training this is the course you should complete.
See our client feedback, check out our testimonials page.
- Discount courses from $45 (RRP $75), depending on location
- Phone bookings incur an additional surcharge fee of $20
- An A4 hard copy of your qualification can be posted to you after your class for an additional fee of $15
- A credit card size plastic card can be posted to after your class for an additional fee of $15
- For all special needs, policies and fees refer to the Student Handbook on our Learners Page
At CPR First Aid we believe in providing quality first aid courses at student prices for all. We keep our overheads low so we can offer affordable first aid courses to everyone. Because we have so many amazing learners we are able to offer courses at a smaller profit margin without compromising the quality of the training. After training over 70,000 courses last year we value and appreciate offering our service to the community.
For more course information refer to this Course Information Sheet.
For all course locations for this course, see our locations page.
- A digital Statement of Attainment in HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Your statement (certificate) will be emailed upon successful completion after 7pm the same day, or next business day if the class runs on a weekend
Whilst there are no pre-requisites for attending this course participants are required to have a minimum level of Literacy & Numeracy to be allowed admittance to this course. Further information is provided in the student handbook on our Learners page.
Please refer to our Information Sheet link so see Course Content
- 1.5 hour practical class, plus 15 min pre-course registration.
- Plus 3-6 hours multiple choice on-line home study, completed prior to your class
- Theory must be completed 24hrs prior to attending your class
Online Theory Component – Prior to your Class:
- Theory must be completed at least 24hrs prior to attending your scheduled class. Failure to complete theory prior to attending the class will result in your booking being cancelled and all monies forfeited. Trainers will be provided with the class list detailing theory completion results the day prior to the class.
- Learners will gain immediate access to the theory portal upon completion of their booking and payment, refer to your confirmation email for the link (please check junk mail folders or contact us if not received).
Practical Assessment Component:
Skills must be demonstrated working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry validated scenarios and simulations to assess candidates’ skills and knowledge.
Assessment resources must include:
- adult and infant resuscitation manikins in line with ARC Guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures
- AED training device
- workplace injury, trauma and/or illness record, or other appropriate workplace incident report form
Simulated assessment environments must simulate the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Please refer to our Learners page for other important information including assessment information and our terms and conditions.
Anyone with a fever or history of fever and acute respiratory infection (with at least one of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, cough, runny nose or sore throat) should also defer enrolment until they are well.